Organizational Demographic Profile
The Community Foundation of Greater Chattanooga's mission is to encourage giving and inspire action to improve lives in the Chattanooga area. The Foundation believes it can best achieve its mission if it is governed and staffed by individuals from diverse backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives, and if it collaborates with organizations and individuals from diverse backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives. For the Community Foundation, diversity encompasses, but is not limited to age, gender, race, national origin, religious beliefs and background, physical abilities, sexual orientation and economic circumstances.
The Foundation believes that to most effectively serve the community of Greater Chattanooga, our grant making should reflect the diversity of our community. In an effort to track our work in this area, we ask that you complete the Organizational Demographic Profile forms linked below.
Use the Community Foundation of Greater Chattanooga's 2007 Organizational Demographic Profile as an example as you fill out your own.
Instructions to Complete Your Organizational Demographic Profile
- Print the form and fill in by hand
- Provide the name of your organization and the date the form is being submitted.
- The vertical Total columns in each chart should contain the total numbers of individuals counted.
- The remaining columns in each chart deal with the demographics of your agency's Board, Staff, and Population Served. There is one table for the composition of your Board and Staff, and a second table for the composition of the population your organization serves. Fill these columns in with numbers to the best of your knowledge based on how people identify themselves. We expect that the Population Served will probably reflect estimates. However, please indicate if the information provided is exact. For those areas where we request percentages, we do not expect your percentages to total 100%.
- You may count someone two or more times in the columns. For example, your Executive Director may be a white female with a disability, so you would mark appropriately in both the “White” and “Disabled” columns.
- The column labeled “Other” is for additional demographic categories, such as Native American. If you provide information for the “Other” column, we ask that you specify the category or characteristic in the space beneath the chart.